[ How to share AWS Subet ]
1) AWS VPC Sharing
Subnet(VPC) Sharing is set by the account owner who owns the VPC to share.
[figure 1.1. VPC(Subnet) Sharing]
Account owner designs, shares, and manages VPCs, and the accounts that received VPC are called participant accounts.
Participant accounts use subnets within the shared VPC.
2) Subnet Sharing Settings
1. To share subnet resources, select 'Create resource share' in the Resource Access Manager and name the resources you want to share.
2. If you set Resource Type to Subnet, you will see a subnet that can be shared.
Select the subnet you want to share.
* If you have a subnets more than one, you can use following filters to find.
3. Specifies the AWS Account to share the resource.
4. Set up tags for resources you want to share and click 'Create resource share' to begin sharing.
5. You can see that resources are shared normally.
6. If you check the 'Sharing' tab of a subnet shared by Owner, you can see the information shared by the subnet as shown below.
In a participant account, the same method is used to create an instance using a shared subnet, and you can select a subnet for the VPC marked shared.
Account owner can modify Route Table, Network ACLs for shared subnets,
however participant accounts cannot modify becasue they have been shared to use only subnets.
This document is based on February 2020.
Please leave a comment if document needs an update.
Bespin Global Cloud Support Team